By now, it has been pounded into your head more times than you’d like to remember; breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Yet, many people skip this meal altogether, for reasons that range from “no time,” to “can’t stomach food” to “I don’t like breakfast.”
However, regardless of the best lame excuse you can muster, there are reasons too many to mention why you NEED to have breakfast, and there is an endless number of options for you to consider.
Just in case you don’t know why breakfast is so important, here’s a quick refresher:
- A Healthy Breakfast Revs Up Your Metabolism – Think skipping meals will have you looking like a Greek god/goddess? Nope, research has shown that people who miss meals end up slowing their own metabolism, hindering long term calorie burn, and hence weight loss. Consume a meal loaded with proteins, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and fiber to kick your gears into motion!
- You’re Less Likely To Snack On Trash – bowl of cereal? More like bowl of TRASH. Breakfast cereals are notoriously fake on nutritional value, and offer no real incentive for your body to feel satisfied. Chances are, if you eat cereal for breakfast, you will be having the munchies by 9AM.
- You Become A More Productive Citizen – be it in school, or work, the benefits of a solid breakfast are unmistakable. You are sharp as a blade, extremely efficient in work tasks, and do not procrastinate! Your teacher or boss is likely to notice!
By now you may be thinking that it’s about right to go load up on bread and pancakes at breaky. Not at all; in fact, diets high in refined, starchy and simple sugars are actually the worst in regulating your energy levels and keep you working at peak performance.
Instead, Consider These Amazing Low Carb, Energizing Breakfasts To Keep You On The Go:
1. Wheat Free Pancakes
Good news for you- you can still have that pancake, but this time it is 10 times healthier. Typical wheat free pancakes are made of almond flour, which is extremely low in sugar and carbs, but a decent source of proteins. The natural flavor of almonds means that your pancake will still taste excellent even without added sugar. You can serve with a few berries on top, but keep in mind that berries are reasonably high in sugar content.
These are not your typical muffins, in fact these are even more delicious! These muffins are made of cheese (mainly cheddar) and broccoli, along with eggs and veggies of your choice. They’re easy and fast to prepare, so you can even make them in the evening before bed, and have breakfast waiting for you when you get up! What you get is a muffin high in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals and very low in carbs just what you need to get up and go.
3. Baked Eggs And Bacon With Wilted Spinach
If your stomach is a bottomless pit, this will suit you just fine! This breakfast meal is healthy, and very filling. To make, just line a baking pan with spinach, followed by bacon, then top with eggs, veggies of your choice and two tablespoons of grated cheese and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Trust me, you won’t be very hungry for snacks today!
4. Frittatas Made Of Tomato
This will be likely one of the tastiest frittatas you can make, and also one of the healthiest. Eggs, a bit if bacon, and cheese are filled into a tomato center, and baked for about 15 minutes. The result? A breakfast meal rich in protein, lycopene, and many vitamins and minerals.
5. Smoked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
If you’re not a major fan of baking, then you can whip up the old grill for a quickie. These bacon wrapped asparagus stalks make for a tasty breakfast, and are extremely convenient and easy to carry around. This opens your eyes to a whole other world of delicious recipes that are awesomely healthy and low carb!